JSSA is the National Capital Region's trusted healthcare and
social wellness home. The philanthropy department raises $6 million
in charitable support for the agency’s $38 million budget. The
Director of Major & Planned Gifts, a senior philanthropy team
member, is responsible for
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive major and planned
- Managing a robust portfolio of current and prospective donors,
making high five and six-figure gifts.
- Understand JSSA’s funding priorities to present to donors.
- Serving as a strategic thought partner to the CDO, CEO, and
volunteers in developing gift/donor strategies
- Playing a leadership role in ensuring the annual budgeted
philanthropic target is met or exceeded.
Duties and responsibilities include the
- Overall direction and management of the major and planned
giving program -15%
- Cultivation and solicitation major and planned gifts –
- Supervision of the Development Associate responsible for
mid-level donors – 10%
- Philanthropy Team and Agency engagement – 15%
Minimum Education, Licensure, and
Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- CFRE desired but not required.
- A minimum of six years of progressive experience in
development, preferably focused on major and planned gifts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of major
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable making presentations
in a variety of settings
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated in
initiating contacts with potential and existing donors.
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of
building major gifts relationships, excellent organizational,
interpersonal, strong analytical skills, and managing multiple
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in donor databases and supporting technology.
- Professionalism and discretion with respect to the
confidentiality of donor’s personal information.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including