The Senior Director of Development will ensure the continued
growth and financial success of Travis Manion Foundation by
instilling a culture of philanthropy in its constituents, managing
diverse funding streams, being a key stakeholder during strategic
planning, and providing oversight for all donor communications and
The successful applicant should have proven experience as a
fundraising and organizational development expert, with several
years of management experience in a non-profit organization or a
similar environment. The ideal candidate is motivated, able to
solve complex problems, and has a passion for philanthropy within
the military services and education spaces.
We are accepting candidates from all 50
Position Title: Senior Director,
Position Type: Full-time (Exempt)
Reporting to: Vice President
About Travis Manion Foundation
Travis Manion Foundation (TMF) unites communities to strengthen
America's national character by empowering veterans and families of
fallen to develop and lead future generations. In 2007, 1stLt
Travis Manion was killed in Iraq while saving his wounded
teammates. Travis' legacy lives on in the words he spoke before
leaving for his final deployment, "If Not Me, Then Who..." Guided
by this mantra, veterans continue their service, develop strong
relationships with their communities, and thrive in their
post-military lives by serving as character role models to youth.
As a result, communities prosper and the character of our nation’s
heroes lives on in the next generation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited
- Develop and organize all aspects of the organization’s
comprehensive fundraising and business development strategy.
- Work closely with the President, Vice President, and COO along
with TMF’s Board of Directors to steward investment
- Foster a culture of philanthropy that is aligned with the
organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Collaborate with leadership team to set annual revenue goals
through a bottoms up approach to both fund development and monthly
- Oversee month to month revenue forecasting, reporting out
variances with supporting evidence.
- Lead short- and long-term revenue goals through the execution
of various campaigns and management of key partnerships.
- Identify and cultivate major gift prospects, as well as
corporate and foundation donors.
- Manage personal list of accounts both current and
- Manage and lead a team of fundraising and business development
professionals, providing guidance, training, and support as
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to
develop and execute effective donor communications and marketing
- Monitor and analyze fundraising data to evaluate performance
and adjust strategies as needed.
- Strategically manage both macro-organizational growth goals
alongside daily fundraising campaign needs.
- Confidence stewarding high net worth individuals.
- Ability to identify, cultivate and negotiate corporate and
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; master’s or advanced degree is
- CFRE certification or similar certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in nonprofit resource
development and fundraising.
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional experience directly leading
and managing teams.
- Experience with and working knowledge of fundraising campaign
development, execution, and management is a must.
- Experience establishing and stewarding high-level corporate and
foundation relationships is a must.
- Experience with military-connected nonprofits is a plus.
- Highly competent with CRM Software, Microsoft Office Suite, and
G-Suite is preferred.
- Experience with SAAS tools like Slack, Zoom, and AirTable is a
- Demonstrated ability to use donor and wealth management
- Demonstrated ability to create annual budgets and fiscal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues,
board members, key stakeholders, and volunteers.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, analytical, and
problem-solving skills; must be self-reliant and initiative-driven,
while still being an effective and collaborative team member.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written,
oral, and presentation skills. This includes effectively
summarizing technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Remains focused and efficient in the face of pressure, delivers
results with timelines; not intimidated by complex tasks,
challenging timelines, or a fast-paced work environment.
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive with dedication to the
mission of the Travis Manion Foundation and a passion for service
and community development.
- A strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit is the
perfect fit for this role.
Earlier this year, Travis Manion Foundation was recognized as a
top 10 “Best Nonprofit to Work for” by the Nonprofit Times.
The pay for this position is based on the candidate’s work
experience, skills, and abilities. TMF offers a benefits package,
which includes medical and dental, short-term disability, long-term
disability, life, and participation in our 401(k) program, to name
a few. In addition, we have an attractive PTO policy along with
holidays and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMF is committed to an environment in which all individuals are
treated with respect, dignity and equal opportunity without
discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color,
religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, genetic information,
marital and partnership status, familial status, alienage or
citizenship status, handicap, disability or perceived disability,
pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, consumer credit status,
unemployment status, caregiver status, victim of domestic violence,
sexual violence or stalking, military and veteran status and any
other category protected by federal, state, city and local
At TMF, one of our main priorities is to create an inclusive
culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for our
leaders, staff, board, members, and those we serve. Many of the
greatest ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and
experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter
(with salary requirements) describing their background as it
relates to the position description. Applications will be accepted
on a rolling basis until a final candidate is selected. Submit all
information via email to email@example.com.
**No phone calls or faxes. Due to the volume of applications,
TMF cannot notify applicants of the status of their applications
unless an interview is requested.**