The Associate Vice President (AVP) for Development is appointed
by and reports to the Vice President for University Advancement.
The AVP will supervise professional development officers and
various support staff. The AVP provides leadership, guidance, and
supervision to the overall institutional development programs and
participates with the Vice President in the formation and execution
of strategic policies, programs, and activities for the overall
benefit of University of Mount Olive.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the overall development
program which will identify, cultivate, and solicit donors in order
to consistently increase the support for the University.
- Supervise or provide leadership to Major Gifts Officers, Office
of Advancement Services, and Development Administrative
- Provide leadership in fundraising, including major gifts and
particularly retention and growth in UMO Society membership, annual
giving, corporate relations, foundation relations, prospect
research, grant writing, and gift planning.
- Manage the process of Development of annual planning and
training for staff and volunteer leadership.
- Manage a portfolio of 125 major giving prospects focusing on
soliciting major gifts, presenting proposals, and making an
annually-established goal of face-to-face visits with donors and
- Work closely with assigned academic deans and program directors
and the major gifts staff team assigned to schools and programs to
develop fundraising priorities, create a development plan,
implement the plan, and secure major gifts.
- Provide indirect leadership for the Office of Alumni Engagement
staff and student workers (over 30 students).
- Oversee donor recognition and pledge reminder programs. Prepare
and manage the budget for all departments within the Office of
- Serve as liaison to the various Development Committees and to
other officially designated councils, committees, or the like,
related to institutional fund-raising.
- Serve as a member of the internal employee giving team.
- Represent University of Mount Olive at various internal and
- Report to the Vice President for Advancement and work in close
cooperation with the University Advancement Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Possess a minimum 8-10 years of prior fundraising experience,
or its equivalent preferably with proven success heading a major
fundraising function in higher education.
- Have prior capital campaign experience.
- Effective management, planning, communication, and
interpersonal skills essential.
- Be able to work in an environment that encourages
consensus-building, teamwork and collegial decision-making.
- Be able to create and coordinate a strong and extensive
volunteer network in implementing fundraising activities.
- Perform the above and any other duties necessary for effective
and efficient campaign planning, management, and
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all
- Required schedule: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. M-F plus evenings and
weekend work as required.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the
ability to work within the covenant of the University of Mount
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a
list of at least three professional references by email to:
email@example.com. Review of
applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled.
The University of Mount Olive is an Equal Opportunity