The Palestine Children's Relief
Fund (PCRF) was established in 1992 by concerned humanitarians
in the USA to bring injured and sick children free medical care
they could not get locally. Since then, we have sent over 2,000
sick and injured children for free medical care and sponsored
hundreds of volunteer medical teams from all over the world to
treat tens of thousands of sick and injured youths in local
hospitals. PCRF also has built two pediatric cancer departments in
Palestine and has several more major programs and projects to help
support the development of a sustainable healthcare system there.
We are a grassroots organization depending on the support of
thousands of volunteers worldwide to help us achieve our
PCRF has been growing operationally at a rapid pace. To meet the
humanitarian demands of children in areas where PCRF work, a
fundraising director is needed to work closely with the President
to build and lead a new department in PCRF to implement and lead a
fundraising strategy in North America, as well as
globally. There is excellent potential for significant growth
in funding for PCRF through a more direct and strategic fundraising
plan and program, using all of the current tools available and
helping to identify and bring new funding streams to the
Purpose of role
The primary responsibilities of this role are to work closely
with the President to identify and engage donors, develop new
fundraising campaigns, help guide our digital fundraising presence,
and manage staff responsible for bringing in the resources PCRF
needs to implement its humanitarian mission. This role is critical
to the growth and success of PCRF and its operations on the ground.
This position expects to include leadership, strategy, management,
and bringing in new innovative ideas to expand our donor base and
improve our engagement with existing donors.
The job holder will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of a fundraising
strategy for continued growth in close coordination with PCRF’s
- Strengthen current fundraising mechanisms currently focusing on
digital fundraising, events, galas and HNWI as well as diversify
fundraising mechanisms opening new potential funding means.
- Manage a dynamic digital content creation and development team,
fostering an inclusive and cooperative work environment. Supervise
their work, including annual performance reviews, ensuring
high-quality final products, adherence to deadlines, balanced
portfolios, and team ability to meet fundraising goals.
- Support the development of digital fundraising and promotional
materials to enhance PCRF branding and fundraising via social
media, web online acquisition and other online fundraising.
- Identify potential new donors through internal CRM segmentation
as well as prospect researching for new cold approaches. Spearhead
outreach to and directly cultivate new donors.
- Manage the data base and create donor development campaigns to
increase donor lifetime value. Analyze giving trends via CRM
- Define and lead fundraising events and galas and bring in new
ideas on new means to expand this fundraising income base.
- Coordinate efforts to steward and secure donations/grants from
current and new donors, cementing pathways for the president and
Board to finalize the donations.
- Ensure current overarching fundraising targets are met to
advance sustainability and minimize risk.
- Partner with the COO to track fundraising progress, chart
goals, and report key updates to the Board.
- Work with the internal team and strategic communications
officer to maintain a coordinated, strategic, and tactically
cohesive pipeline of promotional materials and content.
- Shape projects and proposals with PCRF team leads.
- Track and strategize donor research and engagement.
Experience and qualifications
- BA required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, including non-profit
fundraising in a generalist fundraising leadership role, having
worked with annual funds, planned giving, middle donor, major
gifts, digital fundraising, and events. Having raised funds for a
USA 501 c (3) non-profit organization.
- Experience fostering team success and optimizing individual
performance and growth.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating external alliances and
writing grant proposals is a bonus skill.
- Demonstrated project management skills, flexible nature, and
ability to coordinate across teams, ideally with colleagues from a
range of countries, languages, and backgrounds.
- Strong grasp of the non-profit, transparency, and
accountability donor landscape.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to advancing
- Outstanding writing skills and ability to articulate a strong
- Strong analytical skills and capacity for creativity and
- Strong grasp of non-profit operations and donor due
- Comfort using Microsoft Office applications, primarily Word,
Excel and Google Docs and fundraising/CRM software, including Neon
(as a bonus skill).
Personal traits desired
- Ability to work with a global team, agility to accommodate time
differences, and the patience and enthusiasm to build systems and
efficiencies for a growing organization.
- A team player, committed to meaningfully and strategically
contributing to the organization’s financial strength and
foundation for growth.
- Ability to innovate and act quickly to seize opportunities,
prioritize, and work independently to advance goals.
Note: For USA based candidates, this role is open to
candidates who have the right to work in the USA. The post
could be open to relevant candidates based outside of the USA, as
long as they have strong experience fundraising for a USA based