For more than 40+ years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County
has delivered on our promise to provide area youth, especially
those who need us most, with the support needed to reach their full
potential. In order to have the greatest impact on the lives of
children, we operate eight Clubs across Lee County purposefully
located in areas of high need. Currently, we serve over 1200
children and teens annually, many of whom are minorities,
economically disadvantaged and live in single-parent households.
The Director of Resource Development works with the Chief Executive
Officer and Board to plan and execute resource development
strategies and monitor progress against goals. They support
the CEO in positioning the Board to cultivate and solicit major
gifts and grants for individuals, corporations, foundations, United
Way, government agencies and others.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job
- Provide leadership and direction to the CEO and Board of
Directors in the effective operation of all development activities
required to fund Club operations and deliver programs within the
- In collaboration with CEO and Board, develop and implement a
strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development
- Builds and executes Resource Development plan, with measurable
goals that are aligned with the Strategic Plan of the
- Researches and analyzes agency, corporate, individual and
foundation donor base and recommended solicitation strategies.
- Identifies, prepares and submits grants proposals for
corporations and foundations to support our mission.
- Oversees planning of logistics for special events, including
obtaining sponsorships and solicitation of gifts and preparing
related materials and publication.
- Build donor stewardship program and leverage donor management
system to provide information needed by the organization to build
and cultivate donor relations.
- Identify, recruit and train board members to participate in
solicitation and other income development activities.
- Encourage and support board committees responsible for planning
and implementing development activities.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring
of the Club’s annual budget, controlling expenditures within budget
and maintaining donor and financial records in accordance with
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all development
- Develop strategic alliances with community partners, business
leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative
partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members,
parents, families, funders, and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club development activities and maintain
good public relations.
- Ensure design and development of public relations documents for
use in the promotion of fund raising, and education of the public,
including marketing material and program outcomes.
- Ensure the development and distribution of marketing
- Internal: Maintain oral and written contact
with the CEO, Board of Directors, staff peers, and volunteers for
the purpose of exchange of information, to provide progress reports
regarding activities and planned programs, and to coordinate
- External: Maintain oral and written contact
with other agencies, business leaders, community groups, boards of
directors of such organizations, and the media for the purpose of
exchanging information and ideas and for the purpose of
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in non-profit agency
operations, specifically in the fundraising field, sales/marketing
or equivalent experience
- Considerable knowledge of fundraising techniques, and sources
of funding for non-profit agencies and organization
- Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and
procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit
organizations, youth development services preferred.
- Ability to organize and coordinate fundraising operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both verbal and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community
groups, and other related agencies.
- Knowledge of accessing and managing donor database