University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which
encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women,
Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice
of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Development & Alumni Relations, Full
PAY GRADE: 33E
Deadline: Open Until Filled
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
As a senior member of the Development Services team, The Senior
Director, Gift Administration and Data Management leads the Gift
Administration and Data Management team and reports to the
Assistant Vice President, Development Services. The Senior Director
leads a Donor focused team responsible for fund accounting, gift
processing and data management while ensuring accuracy, integrity,
security, and cross team collaboration in support of DAR¿s
- Devise and execute a strategic plan that functionally aligns
the Gift Administration and Data Management team with DARs goals to
meet the market and drive revenue to the University.
- Drive the team to optimize donor touchpoints as opportunities
to further DAR¿s philanthropic mission through exhibiting
excellence and inspiring trust.
- Lead the team to utilize new technology, create efficiencies,
and execute work to provide the greatest return on investment.
- Foster an environment of innovation, exploration,
collaboration, and constant improvement.
- Consult and collaborate with campus partners on gift and
constituent data sources.
- Serve as an expert on the Primary CRM system and the gift
administration system of record; provide guidance on industry best
practices for gift administration and data management.
- Oversee the gift and matching gift subsystem and ensure
accurate processing and accounting.
- Develop and manage relationships with external vendors used in
the gift administration process.
- Ensure the integrity of gift data and financial information,
timely processing of gifts, and the reconciliation, reporting, and
maintenance of gift, donor, and financial information in compliance
with applicable regulations and reporting guidelines.
- Coordinate data handling, exchange, synchronization. and
reconciliations with university accounting systems, staff, and
- Support auditors' review of gift and donor data.
- Track trends and emerging technologies in gift administration,
data management, and fundraising.
- Enhance professional knowledge through continuous and
self-directed learning and development.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field,
master's degree preferred, and 3 years of related experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of record and data handling practices, gift
administration technologies and applicable regulations or
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Proactive, self-starter, results focused.
- Experience implementing new technology, improving
- A proven track record of building relationships at all
- Ability to deliver results while managing competing priorities
under tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work
collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience leading a team through change (preferred).
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing
needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities,
cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where
diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual