Mary's Center is committed to promoting diversity,
equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the
communities we serve. We embrace diversity of experiences,
ideas, and individuals, and seek to bring a diverse group of
candidates to the table.
Important Note: Mary’s Center is mandating the
COVID-19 vaccine + booster for all
The Director of Corporate Partnerships serves as a key team
member and active participant in achieving the organization’s
fundraising goals. Under the leadership of the Executive Vice
President for Development, this position is responsible for
stewarding our existing corporate partners, creating and conducting
corporate engagement activities, and raising corporate
revenue. Additionally, this position is responsible for
forging new corporate relationships to increase Mary’s Center’s
corporate revenue and expand our visibility.
- All applicants must submit a resume
and cover letter to be considered for this
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President,
This position manages/supervises the Community Engagement
Manager who is responsible for Mary’s Center’s volunteer program,
corporate employee engagement activities, and in-kind
Essential Duties and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Steward existing corporate partners and identify new corporate
sources of funding to build the Mary’s Center corporate
- Prepare and present tailored Corporate Partnership/Sponsorship
packages to existing and prospective corporate partners.
- Develop and manage the strategy and marketing material for
annual corporate campaigns.
- Responsible for the activation of sponsorship benefits;
oversees the recognition and acknowledgement of corporate
- Collaborate with the Grants Team to identify and
leverage corporate grants.
- Provide leadership for volunteer committees associated
with corporate philanthropy activities.
- Develop and oversee annual corporate and volunteer program
revenue and expense budgets.
- Serve as an effective external representative of Mary’s
Center’s mission, vision, and values by participating in community
activities and events, serving as spokesperson, and creating and
delivering presentations to present key messages; represent Mary’s
Center at functions to network and secure new corporate
- Schedule and coordinate site tours for current and prospective
- Manage the Community Engagement Manager who is responsible for
the organization’s volunteer activities, Corporate Service Day
program, Thanksgiving Food Drive, Holiday Toy Drive, and other
in-kind collection activities and donations.
- Work closely with the Digital Fundraising and Engagement
Officer to ensure timely and effective social media recognition for
our corporate partners.
- Work closely with the Individual Giving and Grants teams to
ensure a harmonious department.
- Communicate corporate goals and progress to the
- Attend trainings on development and fundraising.
- Assume other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience
working in the development field with corporate fundraising and/or
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and online giving platforms,
preferably Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show
initiative and work independently.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, detail-oriented, well
organized, and work effectively across all levels of
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, project coordination
experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of
internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and
- Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current
relationship and to forge new ones. Strong problem solving and
customer service skills are essential.
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet
deadlines, and attend to follow through.
- Ability to provide innovative and positive reinforcement to a
dynamic and diverse fundraising team.
Language Requirement – Ability to communicate
effectively in English is required.
Physical Demands –
Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands
and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to
lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment –
Hybrid (a blend of remote and onsite) work schedule. Afterhours
project work and representing Mary’s Center at community events is
sometimes required. This position requires occasional local travel
between Mary’s Center’s clinic sites.
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental &
vision insurance, plus retirement options
- 25 days of paid time off (PTO) annually, in addition to 10 paid
holidays, plus 5 educational days to attend training and
- $2000/year tuition reimbursement to attend training and
- WMATA metro/bus subsidy