Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, this employee
will steward and grow a portfolio of mid-level donors, maintaining
contact primarily by phone, email, video calls, and in-person
meetings when advisable. This person will lead the implementation
for the college’s annual fund. This employee will represent
Montreat College in a manner that encourages donors to support
Christian higher education.
- Manage a portfolio of 200-250 annual giving level ($250 to
$10,000 per year) donors through the moves management process,
maintaining contact primarily by phone, email, video calls, and
in-person meetings when advisable. Maintain approximately quarterly
- Create a pipeline of annual giving donors, moving donors into
major gifts and planned gifts.
- Lead special giving initiatives, such as Giving Tuesday and
- Oversee the writing and implementation of appeal letters.
- Manage the President’s Circle, a Montreat College giving
society for donors who give $1,000 or more annually. Responsible
for developing strategies to encourage donors to give at higher
- Write giving proposals to foundations, churches, and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
A qualified candidate will have a personal commitment to Jesus
Christ and affirm and support the vision, mission,
statement of faith, and community life covenant of Montreat
- Ability to network and grow relationships, leading to
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the
ability to function well as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with and manage data, including manipulating
and analyzing data to inform fundraising strategies.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and strong attention to
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize Advancement software, including
- Demonstrates taking initiative.
- Excellent command of English as a spoken and written language,
including spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrates project management and problem-solving skills with
ability to manage multiple priorities and gain cooperation of
Ability to perform tasks while being frequently
Strong understanding of confidentiality and the ability to
handle sensitive materials and conversations.
Education / Experience: Bachelor’s degree
required. 3 years relevant experience preferred.
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement
- Completed application.
- Cover letter reflecting the candidate’s ability to perform the
job as detailed in the job description.
- An updated resume.
- Personal statement of Christian faith.
Reply to this post or send material to
Garrett Luck at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Montreat College:
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited
by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of
Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates
degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains
fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region
recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the
United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and
other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to
Christ centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.