The Seminary Development and Alumni Coordinator will provide
senior administrative support for the overall Seminary Development
and Alumni Engagement office management.
Essential Duties and
- Provide senior administrative support for overall Seminary
Development & Alumni Engagement office management
- Act as a communications liaison between internal and external
- Work independently and create outreach for Annual Fund and
- Use experience and judgment to resolve problems and prioritize
work on behalf of the department
- Gift processing, format and generate gift receipts, and pledge
- Produce and analyze monthly Annual Fund and Campaign reports as
requested by Director
- Create reporting for Endowments – to include quarterly reports
- Expand outreach to Alumni – obituary updates, alumni news,
happenings at Seminary, etc.
- Maintain event calendar and assist in event management as
- Facilitate problem solving and information gathering for alumni
and other constituents
- Assist Director with marketing, reporting, event planning,
coordination and attendance for: Alumni Retreat, Alumni Reunion,
Family Weekend, Executive Rector’s Council and full Rector’s
Council Meetings, Seminary Board Advancement Committee Meetings and
- Manage all marketing requests for the department
- Assist with preparing Rectors eLetters and regular mailings to
- Maintain informational/update email schedule
- Work closely with Director in preparing written correspondence
- Maintain proficiency in the use of technology, including
desktop and system software to meet administrative needs
- Assist Director with stewardship of donors
- Contribute to strategic goals of the Seminary
- Manage alumni correspondence & website/social media
- Maintain accurate database and oversee alumni records
- Provide support for all seminary fundraising efforts
- Assist Seminary Representative for National Alumni
- Promote estate planning by utilizing FreeWill initiatives,
informational emails, etc. for outreach to alums, parents, and
- Serve as a resource and trainer for other staff.
- Maintain constituent lists – chaplain, Vianney, etc.
- Promote Pastors & Stewards online modules
Job Requirements: Education, Experience and
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Slate, Access, Publisher and website
- Two or more years of experience in advancement/fundraising work
with ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and one or more years of experience
in a college/university or office environment.
- Must be team-oriented, have strong written, oral communication
and have excellent interpersonal/customer service
- Must be patient, flexible, attentive to detail, and able to
organize and handle multi-tasks in a fast paced environment.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and
annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous
benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and
undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary’s University, retirement
program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule.
Competitive salary commensurate to experience.