Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Main focus: Frontline field fundraiser
focused on 1:1 donor strategy for renewal, upgrade, identification,
and elevation for annual donors.
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid); the
successful candidate for this role will be based in the Bay
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health, in
partnership with Stanford Medicine and Lucile Packard Children’s
Hospital, unlocks philanthropy to transform health for children and
families in Northern California – and around the world.
Through fundraising and grantmaking, the Foundation drives
scientific research, innovation, and policy change that will
improve care, advance cures, and reform healthcare systems for this
and future generations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Assistant Director, Annual Giving, you will be in a
frontline fundraising position responsible for soliciting and
cultivating a portfolio of high-end annual giving prospects for
gifts of $500-$9,999. You will report to the Director, Annual
Giving for field fundraising. You will focus on identification of
new donors and renewal/reactivation of lapsed donors through 1:1
donor solicitation. You will focus on pipeline development and
qualification work for donors interested in supporting for the
Lucile Packard Children’s Fund, which supports three essential
aspects of the Hospital’s mission: a commitment to provide medical
care for any local child in need; funding for cutting-edge research
in childhood diseases; and family and community services
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing a portfolio of 250-300 annual giving donors.
- Actively soliciting portfolio, prioritizing: upgrading current
donors and generating gifts from new prospects.
- Prioritizing pipeline building and identification work by
handing off appropriate donors to Principal, Major, or Planned
- Becoming an expert representative on the various entities and
activities that the Lucile Packard Children’s Fund supports as well
as on other programs at the Hospital for which gifts are being
- Collaborating with pipeline generating Annual Giving verticals
(Community Fundraising, Direct Marketing, Digital) to convert
one-time donors to annual contributors.
- Generating reactivation strategy for long-lapsed donors to
reengage with our mission through mass
- Partnering with Direct Marketing and Digital to complete
individual follow up for mailings to donors under $10k.
- Handing off or identifying donors to Principal, Major, or
- Monitoring prospects from $250-$999 pool of donors and develop
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Maintaining knowledge of hospital programs to effectively
communicate with supporters about their area of interest.
- Functioning as a member of a team by accepting additional
responsibilities and assisting others as necessary.
- Recommending new approaches, procedures, and processes to
effect continual improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, and
quality of department and services performed.
- Assisting Children’s Fund team with prospecting and stewardship
events on an as needed basis. Recommending new approaches,
procedures, and processes to effect continual improvements in
efficiency of department and services performed.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 2-3 years of experience working in a non-profit, fundraising
environment, managing volunteers, and/or directly asking for
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- A demonstrated ability to produce error free work when
performing a variety of functions such as typing, text editing,
data entry, file management, and calculations is required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion, and to
travel within the Bay Area.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- An acceptable driving record and proof of full-coverage auto
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience working in a non-profit, fundraising
environment, managing volunteers, and/or sales.
- Knowledge of fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF…
- You’re a Relationship Builder and Clear
Communicator: You are comfortable working collaboratively
with diverse constituencies (both externally and internally).
Strong team player with recognized leadership capacity and
excellent interpersonal skills.
- You’re an Independent Contributor: You are
comfortable working independently within a team environment and
show a high level of productivity and initiative.
- You’re all in for our Mission: You possess a
genuine interest in improving the health and well- being of
pregnant women and children.
Working at the Foundation
WE OFFER EXCELLENT BENEFITS & PERKS,
- Generous leave, including PTO, holidays, Summer Fridays, and a
sabbatical (after 7 years of employment)
- Annual bonus
- Retirement plan + employer match
- Premium Medical and Dental coverage
- FSA + dependent care FSA
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Legal services plan
- Commuter Benefits, including CalTrain “Go Pass” Program
- 4-week paid maternity and paternity leave for new parents
- Stipend for home office and mobile phone
- If remote, frequent opportunities to visit our beautiful HQ in
The Foundation is a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing
industry. Therefore, the responsibilities associated with this
position will evolve and grow in accordance with LPFCH's business
needs and growth plans. More specifically, the incumbent may be
required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities
based on the future growth plans for the Foundation.
WE STRIVE TO EMBODY OUR CULTURAL TOUCHSTONES…
Mission-first - We can never lose sight of why
we exist and who we are here to serve.
Good of the whole - We share responsibility for
overall results, think of what’s best for the team and
organization, and act as responsible stewards of resources.
Bold and bendy - We’re unapologetically
ambitious for our mission, creative, and take risks by trying new
Sweat the big stuff - We’re
clear on our priorities, calibrating effort and resources to
audience and impact: the higher the return, the greater the
Make it happen - We’re focused on outcomes;
only as much process as necessary to make good decisions and take
action. Prepared with ideas and solutions for every
Community matters - We embrace
diversity and practice inclusion.
WE’RE COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND
Our Foundation embraces all individuals and celebrates the
unique differences each of us bring to our team and
community. Our approach to fostering diversity, equity,
inclusion, and belonging is rooted in our cultural touchstones and
inherent in our work to encourage every employee to bring their
best, most authentic self to work and to provide each of them the
opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We envision a world where race, gender, resources, and other
factors do not serve as barriers to attaining optimal health. We
recognize that this vision requires the commitment and actions of
To support this goal, we pledge to:
- Conduct ourselves in a manner that garners trust and respect
- Foster a welcoming and supportive environment for our team
members and community.
- Acknowledge and appreciate the dignity, expertise, experiences,
and contributions of each other.
- Approach others with an open mind, compassionate heart,
actively listening to their perspectives.
- Foster effective teamwork and encourage collaboration amongst
our team and constituents.
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.