The New York Philharmonic connects with millions of music lovers
each season through live concerts in New York and around the world,
as well as broadcasts, recordings, and education programs. After
returning to a transformed David Geffen Hall in October 2022, the
Orchestra has a renewed commitment to building on a 180-year-old
legacy of excellence by serving as a platform for today’s creators
and connecting with our communities. In the 2023–24 season the NY
Phil marks Jaap van Zweden’s farewell season as Music Director, and
features 14 World, US, and New York Premieres, a celebration of the
centennial of our famous Young People’s Concerts, and more. In
February 2023 the New York Philharmonic announced the appointment
of Gustavo Dudamel as the Orchestra’s next maestro, to begin as
Music and Artistic Director in 2026–27, after serving as Music
Director Designate in 2025–26.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Prospect Research
Manager to conduct tactical research and manage reactive
and special events research.
- Conducting in-depth profiles on current and prospective
- Generating prospects for regular distribution to all
fundraising teams, with a focus on garnering Institutional
- Regularly uploading and reviewing Wealth Screen data of new
donors and ticket buyers to optimize results.
- Preparing research for the Board of Directors, President &
CEO, Executive Staff, and Senior VP of Development.
- Managing news alerts on donors and prospects.
- Maintaining Tessitura database records and monitoring data
hygiene of prospect management
- Building relationships with fundraisers to foster strong
working relationships with the Development team.
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an
inclusive working environment.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum two years’ research experience. Excellent organizational
and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail. Familiarity
with donor databases, data entry, and data mining. Strong written
and verbal skills. Degree in Library Science preferred. Ability to
produce under deadlines and work independently and effectively.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM databases (preferably
Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, or Salesforce).
The New York Philharmonic offers a comprehensive benefits
package to our full‐ time employees including:
- Medical Dental and Vision coverage
- Employer contributions to the 403(b) plan after one year of
- Employer paid Life and Disability insurance
- 12 Holidays
- Up to 20 Vacation days in third calendar year of
Please submit a resume and a cover letter.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we
will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
The New York Philharmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of age, immigration or
citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, marital and partnership status, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, veteran or active military service
member or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local laws in its employment policies.