ProPublica is seeking a creative and strategic individual to
join its development team in the new role of annual giving officer.
The annual giving officer will report to the assistant director of
individual giving and work to strengthen ProPublica’s mid-level
giving program, the Publisher’s Circle, a group of over 1,400
donors giving $1,000 to $10,000 annually. This position will manage
a portfolio of current donors with a goal of building meaningful
relationships, increasing engagement and growing revenue. The
officer will also work closely with the leadership gifts team to
identify prospects for major and planned gifts. This position will
join a growing development team responsible for raising over $40
million a year in philanthropic support.
- With the assistant director of individual giving, develop and
execute an annual cultivation and solicitation plan for mid-level
- Manage a portfolio of current mid-level donors with a focus on
building strong relationships, increasing mid-level revenue and
identifying prospects for major and planned giving.
- Use data and research tools to identify new prospects for
mid-level giving and create personalized plans for
- Partner with development colleagues and implement pipeline and
moves management processes.
- Work with development colleagues to execute ongoing strategy
for donor giving circles, including benefits and other
- Serve as point of contact for the Publisher’s Circle, including
generating and mailing donation acknowledgements, and provide
support for general donor inquiries.
- Provide support for special events planning and logistics as
- Three to five years of fundraising experience. Prior experience
in major gifts/individual giving is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM database.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, coordinate with others and follow
through in a dynamic and highly confidential environment.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to
manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively across teams and time zones and
with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
This job is full time and includes benefits. ProPublica is based
in New York, but we have offices across the country and will
consider remote applicants. Candidates located in Chicago or New
York City are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants must be
eligible to work in the U.S.
The expected salary range for this position is $75,000 to
This is a good-faith estimate of what we expect to pay for
this position. The final salary figure will take into account a
person’s experience, accomplishment and location. ProPublica is
committed to paying its staff equitably, and these ranges should
not be considered career salary limits or caps.
We will begin reviewing applications as we receive them, but we
will continue to consider candidates as long as the posting remains
live on our site.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.