Alfred State College (ASC) is seeking a highly motivated,
outgoing individual with a passion for fundraising and engagement
to join our exceptional team of professionals. Working closely with
the Vice President, the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni
Relations will initiate, develop, and execute all annual fund
activities and constituent/alumni engagement while building a
strong culture of philanthropy.
- Develop and manage comprehensive Annual Giving and Alumni
Relations program strategic plans with measurable goals,
strategies/tactics, appropriate resource allocation, and benchmarks
for measurement to promote and support the needs of the college,
alumni, and friends, and ensure success of the Pioneer Fund.
- Manage an aggressive integrated marketing communications
plan for the annual fund and alumni/constituent relations
including, direct mail appeals, e-solicitations, social media,
website, and magazine, etc. focused on shaping a sustainable
tradition of annual support and continued engagement.
- Continue to grow the Alfred State President's Society
leadership donor group of $1,000+ donors by developing relationship
with and stewarding alumni, parents, corporations and, "friends" of
the college. Also, take the lead on planning the President's annual
- Continue to build alumni affinity groups and targeted regional
chapters by coordinating efforts and executing events that build
affinity to the College and create a higher ROI for the annual
- Develop and execute an annual stewardship plan, including
planning special donor events.
- Continue to foster and enhance a culture of philanthropy on
campus with faculty/staff and serve as the liaison with internal
academic/club focused areas for fundraising.
- Assist work-study and students with fundraising activities
including oversight of STAT: Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow.
- Analyze data and database information to continue increasing
annual fund support and participation as well as alumni/constituent
- Work within the moves management system to upgrade donors, and
to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for annual fund
- Assist in developing the bi-annual magazine publications:
digital and print.
- Thrive in a high pressure, results oriented, deadline
- Create and manage budgets.
- Travel, primarily within New York. Occasional evening and
weekend work required.
- Continue professional development activities and attend
- Maintain a professional, proactive, positive, highly
collaborative, and performance-centric work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required
- Five years equivalent experience in a related field
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Alfred State College alumni preferred
- Experience in education or non-profit fundraising
- Raiser's Edge experience desired.