MISSION STATEMENT: Hemophilia Federation of America
is a national nonprofit organization that assists, educates and
advocates for the bleeding disorders community.
HFA VALUES: Hemophilia Federation of America is a
thriving nonprofit organization with a focus on advocating for the
community to which it serves. We believe in the following values
and look to all employees to act as servant leaders to engage
- Trust – We are confident in our mission and one
- Integrity – We are ethical and honest at all times.
- Community – We work together to be our best selves.
- Respect – We embrace our differences.
- Creativity – We seek better ways to achieve results.
- Flexibility – We adapt as needed to remain focused on
priorities and results.
- Fun – We celebrate our success.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Vice President of Development oversees
all aspects of fundraising and the generation of contributed
revenue for the organization. The Vice President of
Development will work in collaboration with internal and external
partners to create and implement the organization’s current and
long-term development/fundraising strategies aligned with the
mission, objectives, and goals of the organization. Acting as a key
relationship builder, the Vice President of Development will drive
and build awareness and support for the organization’s programs and
services with current and future funding sources.
JOB CAN BE BASED IN DC OR REMOTE
RESPONSIBILITIES: In this role, the Vice President of
Development will act as a leader to carry out the duties required
of the position. These include but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead execution of a comprehensive annual
fundraising plan including corporate, foundation and individual
giving strategies with a focus on diversifying HFA’s sources of
- Ensure the development team is focused on HFA’s mission and
objectives as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with HFA leadership to contribute to the creation
of the organization’s annual operating plan.
- Develop, manage, and provide ongoing oversight of functional
budget for the development area.
- Provide strategic and thoughtful leadership of HFA fundraising
- Manage, support, and ensure ongoing professional development of
- Ensure a comprehensive set of policies and procedures are in
place, adhered to, and regularly updated to support the functional
operation of a relationship-based fundraising program.
- Ensure HFA maintains timely and accurate records of all
- Oversee a comprehensive program of donor recognition and
- Serve as liaison to the development committee of the HFA
- Ensure all HFA donors receive timely reporting of qualitative
and quantitative information that illustrates the impact and
outcomes of their investment in HFA’s work to support the bleeding
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward an assigned portfolio of major
donors and prospects.
- Establish a comprehensive individual giving program.
- Lead the strategic development and growth of a planned giving
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising
initiatives as needed.
- Ensures the HFA Development team functions at a level that
meets HFA’s mission and purpose.
- Performs within leadership role to meet or exceed goals.
- Evaluates fundraising processes and initiatives, leading
continual improvement efforts within the Development team.
- Strives to reach beyond satisfaction to build loyalty and trust
within the community.
- Builds and sustains successful relationships and collaborations
with stakeholders to advance the mission.
- Manages annual budget with fiscal discipline that aligns with
the organizational strategic priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience and proven success in leading
a comprehensive development program.
- Proven success in donor cultivation, solicitation, and
stewardship in a major gifts setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, project
management, and negotiation skills.
- Possess a positive servant-leader attitude and a team-player
- Some evenings, weekends and travel (at least four to five times
a year) required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), Windows 7 and above.
- Proficient in applicable systems and software.
- Experience with the bleeding disorders community is a
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Professional Development reimbursement
Based on our duty of care, HFA is a fully vaccinated
organization. Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity in the workplace.