The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is seeking a full-time
Development Associate to support our Development Department.
Provide administrative support to the Development Department at
the Schwarzman Animal Medical Center. Reports to the Director
of Development; specific tasks include but are not limited to:
General Development Support
- Process Donor Acknowledgment Letters and tribute cards, and
coordinate staff acknowledgments for honor donations.
- Answer main development phone line – accepting contributions
over the phone and helping with other inquiries as needed.
- Track donor appointments daily and send out afternoon and
morning email of which donors will be in for an appointment.
- Manage iContact for Department and assist in creating
- Assist with donor prospect research
- Assist with the planning and execution of all Development
Department special events, including list management, invitation
mailings, RSVP follow-up, donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with preparation of foundation proposals for
- Assist with creation and distribution of donor newsletters,
annual reports, and event materials.
- Assist with the creation and development of new departmental
- Assist Director of Development in preparing letters for
Chairman of the Board and other correspondence.
- Personally thank donors who give $500-$999 who do not have a
- Maintain Development office organization, which includes filing
and managing and ordering all office supply needs.
- Edit all Development materials including, proposals, event
programs and journals, invitations, direct mail and donor
- Assist with any department projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working in a
not-for-profit setting preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writer and editor
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage a
variety of projects
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases a
- Interest in fundraising, special events and love of animals are
- Competitive salary
- Generous sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- 403-b retirement plan with employer contribution
- 50% discount on veterinary care
- School loan debt forgiveness opportunity as a non-profit
A Commitment to Lifelong Learning
The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center is located in Manhattan,
near a multitude of prestigious leading research and teaching
hospitals. The AMC’s commitment to compassionate and pioneering
veterinary care dates to 1910 when it was founded as a clinic to
help animals whose owners could not afford treatment. We continue
this legacy today as the world’s largest non-profit animal
hospital, with 130+ veterinarians working collaboratively across 20
specialties and services. Our team prides itself on delivering
world class veterinary care to help keep pet families together.
When you join the team at AMC, you join a renowned team of
veterinary professionals dedicated to innovative care, research,
and education. Our prestigious postgraduate education programs
attract future leaders in veterinary medicine, and the clinical
research conducted at AMC has led to breakthroughs that change the
way veterinary care is delivered industry wide. This shared
commitment to learning, teaching, and innovative care creates a
collegial, collaborative environment with rewarding opportunities
for advancement and growth.
We’re building the future of veterinary medicine at the
Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, thanks to our
transformative Gift of Love
campaign to expand and enhance our clinical, educational,
and research capacities. Construction is currently underway to
fully renovate the hospital, ensuring AMC is at the forefront of
veterinary medicine for generations to come.
$45,000 to $55,000 per year