Director of Stewardship and Fundraising Job
The Director of Stewardship and Fundraising is a full-time
position responsible for the creation and execution of all
fundraising programs and activities to achieve the objectives of
the Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea. Working alongside the Rector and
Stewardship Committee, the Director is responsible for overseeing
the Annual Stewardship Campaign, working to deepen existing
relationships with parishioners, developing relationships with new
parishioners and donors, and facilitating a program of planned
giving. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive
compensation package and excellent benefits.
Bethesda is a large and thriving Episcopal parish located on a
beautiful campus in Palm Beach, Florida. Founded in 1889, Bethesda
has more than a thousand members and an annual budget of
approximately $4 million and an endowment of $18 million.
The Director of Stewardship and Fundraising reports to the
Essential Job Functions:
- Working with the Rector to cultivate major gifts and seeking
out prospective major gift donors.
- Developing and coordinating the Annual Stewardship Campaign, in
concert with the Rector and Stewardship Committee, to implement the
campaign, including communications, follow-up, and thank you
- Serving as staff liaison to the Stewardship Committee.
- Working with staff and volunteers to coordinate fundraising
events and dinners.
- Coordinating activities and working with consultants around
future capital campaigns.
- Assisting leadership in designing and implementing new
strategies to engage parishioners.
- Overseeing the research and applying for eligible grant
opportunities within our policy guidelines and working with staff
to track and report to third parties for all grants.
- Keeping donors and prospective donors informed about the
church's mission, needs, and gift opportunities.
- Preparing and distributing reports and communications as
- Working with the Stewardship Committee to create and implement
a planned giving program.
- Maintaining data base for all donors, gifts, pledges, receipts,
statements, and thank you notes.
- Assisting the Finance Committee in preparing and managing the
Stewardship line item in the operating budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required).
- Minimum 3 to 5 years demonstrated successful fundraising
- Demonstrated successful cultivation of major gifts.
- Demonstrated successful use of volunteers and committees to
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication
skills, as well as Microsoft Office and CMR database platform
- Evening and weekend work occasionally required, as well as
- Familiarity with Palm Beach philanthropy and church fundraising
- Commensurate with experience.
- Health benefits included.