The Director of Resource Development develops and implements
National PTA’s highly- successful resource development strategy
securing approximately $5 million annually. The Director leads a
dedicated team, building off National PTA’s brand strength/reach to
improve service offerings to parents, children and local PTAs, and
to advance our mission to ensure the academic success and
well-being of all children. The team secures revenue from
corporate, foundation, government, and individual donors and
collaborates with other departments to align resource development
and programming priorities Reporting to the Deputy Director of
Strategic Initiatives, the Director plays a critical role in
advancing the organization’s mission and impact.
Salary & Benefits: Range starts at
$140,000; additional consideration given to a candidate with
significant experience & qualifications. PTA offers an
excellent comprehensive benefits package.
Applications will be considered as received, with a best
consideration date of November 30, 2023.
- Development Strategy and
Execution: Develops and executes a comprehensive
development plan to diversify and increase revenue from corporate
sponsorships/partnerships, foundations, government grants, and
- Team Leadership: Recruits, trains,
manages and inspires a staff team to achieve revenue goals,
directly supervising three members of a team of six.
- Strategic Relationship
Development: Provides strategic direction for PTA’s
sponsorship program (Proud National Sponsors), offering guidance on
the proposal development and organizational priorities and budget
development, and leads the internal review and approvals
- PTA Brand and
Positioning: Collaborates with key departments to
position National PTA’s programs and initiatives to attract and
secure sponsorship and grant funding.
- Foundation Development: Leads the
association’s foundation development strategy, including research
on target funders, proposal development, and budget management,
ensuring all grant deliverables are met and reports are
- Individual Giving Strategy: Oversees
strategy for growing and sustaining the association’s individual
giving revenue, including PTA’s National Supporting Membership
- Database Integration: Works with IT staff
to leverage the Association database for individual giving and
other Resource Development needs.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Collaborates
across PTA’s teams to develop and implement ways to efficiently
execute funded projects
- Budget Management: Leads and manages the
department’s budget development process to achieve revenue goals
and control expenditures. Supports the team and other departments
in their effective management of budgets, including creating and
tracking program budgets and spend-down.
- Performance Evaluation and
Reporting: Evaluates departmental strategies and
tactics, providing reports, analysis, and recommendations to key
leaders as needed.
DEI Alignment: Identifies,
communicates, and aligns work with PTA's Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion (DEI) values and commitments to advance the
- Volunteer and/or Committee
Support: Provides support to state and national
volunteers and/or a PTA governance committee as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a degree in marketing, business,
or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and
- A passion for PTA and its child-centered mission, with any
level of prior experience being a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
(DEI) and skills/experience/knowledge contributing to an inclusive
working and/or learning environment.
- Record of accomplishment creating and executing long-term
- Experience securing and managing multi-year foundation
- Experience developing and managing strategies to build and
sustain individual giving programs.
- Experience in staff management and the ability to inspire
individuals and organizations to engage in a nonprofit
- Strong cultivation and closing skills, with the ability to
teach, motivate, and foster professional growth among team
- Excellent verbal and electronic communication skills and
outstanding relationship-building abilities with internal and
- Proven ability to research and benchmark best practices and
collect, analyze, and employ data for decision-making.
- Experience with fundraising databases and a history of database
- Expertise in developing, managing, and tracking budgets.
The position is currently hybrid, two days per week in the
office and requires some evening and weekend work. Position is
located in Alexandria, VA PTA headquarters and requires occasional