The American Red Cross is currently seeking a Grants
Specialist with strong proposal writing skills to support the
Indiana fundraising team. This is an hourly/non-exempt
position and a hybrid work position that will work from home and in
the office as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
This position will be responsible for written communication to
donors, including: grant proposals, stewardship reports and
informational updates – as well as donor cultivation event support,
donor recognition activities and volunteer management.
This position will report to the Regional Chief Development
Officer. Proposal or writing samples will be asked during the
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD:
- Works closely with colleagues across departments to ensure that
the organization takes full advantage of programmatic funding
- Maintains grant proposals and reporting calendar. Personally
responsible for researching and writing grant proposals and
- Oversees and maintains federated giving from United Ways and
- Conducts in-depth analysis and exploration in order to advise
others regarding which foundations, agencies or corporations would
be suitable to approach for the organization’s funding needs.
- Creates guidance, tools and resources to deepen and grow
relationships with our donors.
- Gathers and analyzes all information required for donor
communications including service deliver statistics, financial
information, impact stories and community profiles. Conducts
regular trend analysis and shared pertinent data with relevant
- Creates donor stewardship reports and authors a variety of
- Develops and implements strategic processes with a continuous
improvement mindset, focused on enhancing department-wide donor
cultivation and stewardship practices.
- Oversees benefit fulfillment for all donor recognition programs
and fundraising events.
- Interviews, supervises, and engages stewardship
- Fulfills critical communications and stewardship functions
during times of episodic disaster. Supports the team as needed
in implementing our Disaster Fundraising Action Plan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Associate degree or equivalent required with a minimum of 7
years of related experience or equivalent combination of education
and related experience required. The combination of candidate’s
education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as
the total years equate to description’s minimum education and
general experience years combined.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of office systems: MS Office preferred and
fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com).
- Travel: May travel and participate in meetings and conferences
throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system.
- Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The
work environment will consist of moderate noise (business office
with computers, phones and printers, traffic light). The employee
must have the ability and have the ability to sit at a computer
terminal for an extended period of time.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE
Experience writing and managing the grant proposal process.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a
mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support
to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing
home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing
possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending
- PTO: Starting at 15 days a year; based on FLSA status and
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays comprised of six core holidays
and five floating holidays
- 401K with 5% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition