ABOUT GOOD+FOUNDATION: Good+Foundation is a
leading national non-profit that works to dismantle
multi-generational poverty by pairing tangible goods with
innovative services for low-income fathers, mothers, and
caregivers, creating an upward trajectory for the whole family. The
organization partners intensively with a vetted network of social
service programs to reach long-term solutions to the problem of
systemic poverty. We do this by pairing goods—such as cribs, car
seats, and diapers—with counseling, employment assistance,
co-parenting classes, and more. Central to this objective is our
focus on systemic and individual obstacles that exclude fathers
from their children’s lives and well-being. By giving fathers
tools, confidence, and opportunities to re-engage with their
families, Good+ is improving outcomes for children.
In recent years, Good+Foundation has added family cash grants to
its in-kind donation model. This cash assistance, totaling more
than $1 million to date, helps parents cover the cost of groceries,
rent, medicine, and other essentials.
With operations in New York City and Los Angeles,
Good+Foundation has provided more than $100 million in essential
goods since 2001. In 2022, 91 percent of every dollar spent went
directly into Good+ programs. The organization has, for the tenth
consecutive year, earned a 4-star rating on Charity Navigator—the
highest rating possible—as well as a GuideStar Platinum Seal of
Transparency and accreditation by the Better Business Bureau’s Wise
Giving Alliance for transparency, efficiency, and operations. Visit
for more information.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Vice President for
Advancement (VPA) leads the strategic planning, implementation, and
operations/budget oversight for the development, marketing, and
public relations functions and will coordinate communication across
the Los Angeles and New York offices. This is a unique opportunity
for an energetic and creative advancement professional to join a
passionate, committed, and mission-driven team. Good+ has created
and been acknowledged for new and innovative models to deliver
goods and services to community partners nationwide.
The VPA reports to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborates
closely with the Chief Program and Operating Officer as well as
colleagues across the entire organization. The VPA will also work
closely with the Board and its relevant committees. Reporting to
the VPA is a team of five including four direct reports.
FUNDING: Good+ has a current annual operating
budget of approximately $17 million. Revenue sources include both
philanthropic ($4 million) and in-kind contributions (valued at $13
million), special events, fee for service, and investment income.
Most recently, the organization’s gala successfully raised $1.6
- A genuine appreciation for the Good+ mission.
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior fundraising
- Track record of creativity and capacity for strategic thinking
- Demonstrated success leading and building an innovative,
strategic, superior advancement program.
- History of success in major gifts work, including cultivating
and closing high-level gifts and knowledge of moves-management
- An understanding of the social service sector and its unique
funding sources and challenges.
- An engaging relationship builder with a portfolio experience of
significant donors across all revenue categories.
- Successful experience working collaboratively with a board of
directors and senior executives.
- Openness to innovation, creativity, and willingness to
incorporate new modes of fundraising techniques and tactics.
- Familiar with commonly used software and an understanding of
how technology can support communications and identify trends and
results through data analytics.
- Understanding the use of social media to increase brand
awareness and drive contributions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- First-rate team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity,
inclusion, and access and building and leading a diverse team.
- Cultural sensitivity: respectful of clients and the
difficulties they may have experienced.
- Ability and willingness to attend evening/weekend activities to
cultivate/steward key donors and prospects.
- Ability to travel to the Los Angeles office 1-2 times per year
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- This is a hybrid position with 3 days onsite required. Good+
promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion as an embodiment of our
Howe-Lewis International is pleased to assist Good+ with this
important search. Please
click here to apply online via the Howe-Lewis Talent
Portal. You may also email your resume and letter of interest to