Posting Details Position Information Position Number008623Position
TitleDirector, Advancement Information and Analytics -
008623DivisionDevelopment and Alumni RelationsDepartment130600 -
Advancement ServicesMinimum QualificationsBachelor’s degree in
information or computer science, business, or directly field from
an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the
University of South Alabama and five years of experience with
business analytics, project management, computer programming, or
system administration, to include experience in data acquisition
and planning, and conversion and migration projects.Preferred
QualificationsJob Description SummaryThe University of South
Alabama’s department of Development and Alumni Relations is seeking
to hire a Director, Advancement Information and Analytics.
Interested candidates should apply to be considered. Essential
Functions These are the job duties required of the
position.Essential FunctionsOversee the solutions, data
infrastructure, processes, and tools to support effective
performance of Development and Alumni Relations staff. Responsible
for implementation of IT service & data functions for the
department to best support and achieve its fundraising and alumni
engagement goals. This includes prioritizing initiatives and
coordinating the evaluation, contracting, deployment, and
management of current and future technologies. Responsible for
maintaining oversight to ensure Development adheres to all Federal
and State guidelines affecting reporting as well as all USA
Policies regarding data security, including HIPAA, FERPA, GORP etc.
Serves as a key member of the leadership team for Advancement
Services and maintains a collaborative liaison with other central
units, including the USA offices of Compliance, Information
Technology, and General Council. This position will manage and
oversee the work of the Advancement Information Analyst.
- Executes strategic technology and data initiatives of critical
importance to Advancement as identified by the VP and AVP of
Advancement Services following industry best practices to include
the proper execution of IT system projects including acquisition,
contracting, deployment, training, conversion, documentation, and
- Effectively manages and motivates staff.
- Works independently and collaboratively with teams within the
division and throughout the University.
- Researches, develops and implements data-gathering methods.
Analyzes and synthesizes data and reports findings and makes
recommendations for solutions.
- Works to ensure proper processes and quality controls are in
place both programmatically and manually to ensure the highest data
integrity within RENXT, system integrated tools, 3rd party tools,
and reporting accuracy and documentation.
- Manages and directs data acquisition through appends, data
lists, or other sources where it is provided to update or add to
- Identifies, implements, and maintains special data and
integration projects such as new tools, silo databases and newly
acquired data regarding our constituents from various sources.
- Works closely with the AVP, Advancement Services on database
maintenance, budgets, and planning.
- Collaborates and provides strategic guidance on dashboard
creation and reporting for leadership data from NXT using business
intelligence solutions such as Tableau or Power Bl.
- Develops an understanding of CASE Reporting Standards and
Management Guidelines and is responsible for ensuring timely and
accurate reporting of Development data through various surveys,
such as CASE, AAMC, and EAB.
- Helps establish, track, and complete key metrics for
- Performs project management, drafts policies and procedures,
and performs staff training.
- Responsible for maintaining oversight to ensure Development
adheres to all Federal and State guidelines affecting reporting as
well as all USA Policies regarding data security, including HIPAA,
FERPA, GORP etc.
- Serves as a key member of the leadership team for Advancement
Services and maintains a collaborative liaison with other central
units, including USA Computer Services Center.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize
and plan work activities while meeting respective deadlines.
- Extrapolates data to identify challenges, opportunities and
- Requires strong organizational and time-management skills and
the ability to be innovative and flexible with an interest in
process improvement and advancing the goals of the Division.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team,
establish priorities, and work collaboratively across campus and as
a member of a diverse community.
- Perform additional duties as assigned; duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Ability to work schedule as defined and additional hours as
- Related duties as required.
Posting Information Number of Vacancies1Position End Date (if
temporary)Job Open Date11/09/2023Job Close DateOpen Until
FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Working DaysMonday - FridayWorking Hours8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Job
LocationMain CampusFull-time or Part-TimeFull TimeRegular or
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you at least 18 years of age?
- * Do you have a legal right to work in the United States?
- * The University of South Alabama typically does not sponsor
individuals for staff positions. Will you now or in the future
require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Less than High School
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- Masters Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- Terminal Degree (or will obtain within 6 months)
- * How many years of related experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year
- Between 1 - 3 years
- Between 3 - 5 years
- Between 5 - 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * How did you hear about this position?
- USA website
- Zip Recruiter
- HigherEd Jobs
- Alabama Career Center / Alabama Works
- Word of mouth
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
religion, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran
status or any other applicable legally protected basis. If you feel
you have been discriminated against, please notify the Equal
Employment Opportunity Investigator or the Assistant Vice
President, Human Resources/Finance and Administration.
EO/AA Employer – minorities/females/veterans/disabilities/sexual
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The University of South Alabama publishes certain crime statistics
for the most recent three-year period as required by the Jeanne
Clery Act. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is required
by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics
for the school. The report, along with additional information, is
available online at:
You may also request a paper copy from the University Police office
located at 290 Stadium Blvd, Beta Gamma Commons Building, Mobile,