ABOUT ENCOURAGE KIDS FOUNDATION Since 1985, enCourage Kids
Foundation (EKF) has helped humanize healthcare for children and
their families. EKF assesses the needs of sick kids and families in
the hospital environment and develops and provides programming
which aligns with those needs. This unique partnership with the
child life community and hospital partners nationwide allows
enCourage Kids to gain firsthand knowledge of the challenges
children face during their medical journey. enCourage Kids is proud
to have awarded more than $16 million to date to support 850
hospital programs that benefit pediatric patients. EKF is committed
to lifting kids’ spirits, supporting their psychosocial wellbeing,
and improving patient outcomes. EKF serves nearly one million kids
annually. POSITION DESCRIPTION enCourage Kids Foundation seeks an
ambitious fundraiser to support its Development Department. The
Development Manager will be involved in multiple projects to assist
in the department’s individual and corporate giving initiatives and
special events. Additionally, this position will be responsible for
donation entry in EKF’s Salesforce CRM. Candidate should be a
resourceful and results-oriented self-starter who thrives in a
collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
REPORTS TO: Director of
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual Giving and General Development
- Assist the Director of Development in design and
implementation of a fundraising plan that meets the goals and
objectives of EKF’s goals and strategic plan.
- Assist with institutional giving, including prospect research,
proposals, and grant impact reporting.
- Support the President in identifying and prioritizing key
funding sources/opportunities and devise targeted funding
- Collaborate with the President and the Director of Development
on donor pipeline and moves management development to provide a
holistic, strategic donor experience at EKF.
- Maintain clear and accurate records in Salesforce.
- Support all areas of development including: direct mail and
digital campaign solicitations, donor presentations, annual reports
- Conduct donor research for individual donors to ensure new
revenue streams and create a pipeline of recurring and mid-level
- Assist with implementing a fundraising strategy to secure
corporate donors, corporate employee giving, and manage corporate
- Manage gift entry and ensure accuracy of donor records.
- Create and prepare donor acknowledgement letters.
- Special Events
- Assist with all aspects of the organization’s special
- Serve in key support role at all fundraising events.
- Manage recruitment and tracking of in-kind sponsors or
underwriters for event goods and services, and coordinate auctions,
raffles, and other event components.
- Young Professionals Board
- Liaise with the Young Professionals Board and oversee its
- Grow committee engagement and membership.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional research and
communication skills, excellent
- Mission-driven and passionate about enCourage Kids Foundation’s
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year
- 3+ years of non-profit experience; solid foundation in
fundraising is a plus.
- Experience with donor cultivation strategy and tracking
information in a CRM Salesforce experience a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and as a team
- Experience using Microsoft Office. Adobe Suite and Mailchimp a
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing
- Committed to high performance and working collaboratively with
the EKF staff to further the mission of the organization.
- Must be able to work with diverse constituencies and support an
inclusive work environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS
enCourage Kids offers a competitive salary and benefits package,
including medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k retirement
savings plan, and a generous vacation package. Salary ranging
between $60,000 - $65,000, and is commensurate with experience.
Please note that the enCourage Kids Foundation team works 3-4
days in the office per week in their Midtown Manhattan
enCourage Kids Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit
organization. enCourage Kids is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion,
gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership
status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age,
national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or
military status, disability, medical condition, genetic
information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other
characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to Emma Wolk,
Director of Development, at Emma@encourage-kids.org and
reference “Development Manager" in the subject line. Candidates
must submit required information to be considered. No phone calls