For over 150 years, Saint Peter’s Prep has stood proudly as one
of New Jersey’s premier educational institutions and the state’s
only Jesuit secondary school. Prep is located in the historic
Paulus Hook neighborhood on the Jersey City waterfront and serves a
high-achieving student body of 900 young men who represent 140
different communities in 11 counties, plus New York City. In 2018,
the school completed a $56 million capital campaign, in addition to
receiving some $2.5 million in general support annually during that
same period. Prep is currently engaged in its fourth modern capital
campaign, Forever Forward, continuing the work of
providing cutting-edge educational facilities while respecting the
historic fabric of the campus. At this time, coming from a position
of strength and accomplishment, Prep is seeking an experienced,
talented and inspiring professional to lead the Advancement Office
into its next successful chapter.
The Vice President of Advancement directs a broad-based
Advancement program--including annual giving, alumni relations,
prospect research, special events, parent relations, and the
Raiser’s Edge database. This includes leading a team of Advancement
professionals and helping to plan and meet the institutional goals
of the Advancement Office. The Vice President of Advancement is
tasked with securing major and planned gifts and reports to the
- Oversees an annual fundraising plan and corresponding programs
to meet established departmental goals and objectives. This
includes, but is not limited to, the following: directing strategic
initiatives for securing donations to the Annual Fund and other
funds including the capital campaign via interpersonal, direct
marketing, and digital channels; implementing alumni, parent and
friend giving programs; executing prospect research to support
fundraising at both the annual and major-gift levels; and
developing new approaches to complement traditional advancement
- Employs data analytics in developing proactive and progressive
Advancement initiatives and associated goals; also, establishes and
monitors achievement of data-driven performance metrics.
- Provides daily management of an Advancement staff that
(currently) consists of three directors (Annual Giving, Alumni
Relations, Special Events/Parent Relations), the Database Manager,
and a part-time associate. This includes establishing annual goals
and providing regular performance reviews.
- Works in tandem with the Vice President for Planning &
Principal Giving regarding acquisition of major gifts.
- Develops and directs overall donor/prospect cultivation,
solicitation, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship
- Manages a personal portfolio of prospects and donors to
cultivate, solicit and secure funds for various Prep initiatives;
goals to be set annually.
- Works collaboratively with the members of the Finance Office on
monthly reconciliations and financial reports.
- Supervises the development and the execution of the
comprehensive alumni relations program, which includes reunions,
awards dinners and regional gatherings, as well as an active Alumni
- Supervises the development and the execution of the parent
relations program, which includes on-campus social and/or
cultivation events, and stewardship of parent
- Supervises the development and the execution of the management
of gift processing and donor acknowledgements, as well as the
broader Raiser’s Edge database.
- Supervises the development and the execution of major
fundraising and cultivation events, including the President’s
Dinner, the Fashion Show, the Grand Gala, and the Golf
- Prepares the annual President’s Report, which includes all
relevant financial and donor-recognition data, in collaboration
with the Communications Office.
- Meets regularly with the President regarding advancement goals
and initiatives; also, serves as the liaison to the Advancement
Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Fosters an atmosphere of enthusiasm for the school beyond the
Advancement program and, as appropriate, attends Saint Peter’s Prep
events and activities.
- An understanding of Saint Peter’s Prep and its Jesuit
- Proven track record of fundraising results that includes
identifying and stewarding 6-figure donors
- 5+ years of previous experience as an administrator in a
successful fundraising environment, preferably in an independent
school or similar not-for-profit organizational setting.
- Proficiency with the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Proven organizational, writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to balance priorities in a multi-faceted
- Local/regional and occasional national travel is
- Ability to lead and inspire the members of the school’s
Advancement team, while also serving as a respected and effective
leader within the broader Prep community.
Founded in 1872, Saint Peter’s Prep is a Catholic, Jesuit high
school of approximately 900 boys in downtown Jersey City, NJ, with
a highly diverse population. Saint Peter’s does not discriminate on
the basis of gender, race, ethnic origin or sexual orientation in
any of its employment policies.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three
references here: https://spprep.org/about-prep/employment/administration-staff-employment-application/
Please do not fax, email, or mail any materials.