Since being founded locally in 1985, Make-A-Wish Illinois has
granted more than 15,000 wishes and continues its mission to share
the power of a wish with children in all 102 counties across the
A wish can be a game-changer for a child with a critical
illness. This belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish.
It inspires us to grant life-changing wishes for children going
through so much.
Life-changing wish journeys are made possible by dedicated staff
and volunteers who fulfill the work of our mission, helping
children discover, create, fulfill and experience the lasting
impact of their most heartfelt wish.
Responsible for the oversight and direction of the Individual
Giving program (including major gifts, annual fund, community-based
fundraising, and planned giving). Develops programmatic solutions
to support the Fund Development Strategy. Manages a team of gift
officers in pursuit of increasing revenue in an efficient and
sustainable manner. Independently develops and manages a portfolio
of potential high-impact donors.
- Implements strategy through setting the programming and
direction of individual giving areas. Conducts analysis and
assesses performance to identify opportunities and inform the
- Independently manages a complex portfolio of 75 or more
prospective donors at various stages of cultivation towards
- Develops and manages relationships with new and existing
individual donors, as well as individual family
- Leads and manages a team of individual giving officers towards
the successful achievement of revenue goals.
- Practices moves management to advance prospects towards
solicitation and to continually replenish the individual donor
- Uses existing systems and processes to track donor/prospect
activity and establishes shared accountability for the Individual
Giving team to utilize systems.
- Directs the implementation of national individual giving
programs and works collaboratively with Make-A-Wish America on
national programs that can benefit the Illinois chapter.
- Develops and leads the activities of donor affinity groups such
as the Women’s Network.
- Works directly with Board members to support sponsorship and
peer fundraising initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with all related national and local
- Represents the Foundation at fundraising events.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Proven record of successful fundraising solicitations and goal
- Ability to lead a team toward the achievement of
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years development/fundraising experience—must have
proficiency in annual fund and major gift work
- 3 or more years team management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
To protect the health and safety of our community, employees,
guests and their families, Make-A-Wish Illinois is requiring all
employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide
proof of that status to maintain employment. Make-A-Wish Illinois
is an equal opportunity employer and reasonable accommodations will
be provided based on religious beliefs and to those with
Make-A-Wish Illinois offers full-time employees a generous
benefits package which includes:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional
PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Time
- Flexible Schedules
- Hybrid Workplace
- Commuter Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Training and Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Network