Annual Giving Director
The Annual Giving Director is a critical fundraising position
within the Foundation. The Annual Giving Director reports to
the Associate Vice President Individual Philanthropy and works
closely with them, and collaboratively across the organization, to
formulate and implement plans to maximize annual, renewable, and
upgraded gifts from a broad base of donors through the optimum mix
of digital, print, social media, and personal outreach. They will
serve as a frontline fundraiser and supervisor (player/coach) to
guide and manage the annual program. The Annual Giving Director
will develop and support implementation of a strategic growth plan
which will keep this program on track to support the Foundation's
overall ambitious short- and long-term goals. The Annual Giving
Director will keep current on industry best practices and
successful new techniques and update constituencies as appropriate.
The Annual Giving Director will manage the Annual Giving
- Work closely with the AVP Individual Philanthropy to set the
strategic direction and guide implementation to achieve ambitious
goals to grow the annual giving program.
- Actively manage a portfolio of annual giving donors
- In partnership with Foundation colleagues, guide strategies to
maximize fundraising tactics in all annual giving channels
(digital, print, social media).
- Collaborate with Foundation colleagues to develop strategies to
identify and expand qualified annual and mid-level donors into the
Major Giving pipeline.
- Consult with Prospect Development and Analytics team to develop
reports/dashboard for annual giving program.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree within relevant field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ development experience, with seven
(7) years of documented experience as a manager of annual fund,
digital and print appeal programs.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing
successful annual giving solicitation strategies including
experience managing a comprehensive and integrated annual giving
- Ability to analyze giving trends and retention rates to
maximize the success of renewal and upgrade strategies and work
closely with colleagues to develop a pipeline of donors to support
the donor continuum.
- Experience in direct mail and digital solicitation best
practices and implementation.
- Ability to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and cost effectiveness
of annual giving activities.
- A positive, solutions-oriented demeanor, and the ability to
build and sustain strong relationships with staff, volunteers, and
donors to deliver results.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, develop innovative solutions
and facilitate growth.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and supervisory skills.
- Weekend work required at times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Master’s Degree within relevant field.
- Twelve (12) years’ development experience, with seven (7) years
of documented experience as a frontline fundraiser with a proven
track record in soliciting annual gifts. Additionally, three (3)
years of management experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Preferred experience in a healthcare or academic Advancement
- Professional experience in a business or governmental setting
with responsibilities involving finance and data
At Moffitt, as the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer
Center based in Florida, we visualize the next generation of
personalized cancer care, giving patients precisely the treatment
they need- and less of what they don’t. We give more people hope-
and the best outcomes.
Moffitt prioritizes work-life balance and embraces diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. It is essential to our mission and
culture that we value, support and celebrate what makes each of our
team members unique. Our more than 7,500 team members include the
best and brightest from around the world.