Jewish Home Family
Executive Director, Jewish Home Foundation
Family (JHF) leads the way in quality and innovative care,
service and guidance for older adults and their loved ones with
senior services including a nursing home, assisted living, subacute
rehabilitation therapies and at-home and community services in
Rockleigh and River Vale, New Jersey serving Bergen and Rockland
JHF’s mission is to make aging a vital and meaningful experience
through understanding and meeting the unique needs of each
individual, providing care and services rooted in the tradition of
Jewish values. Their vision is to be the provider of choice
for the care of older adults with residential services,
rehabilitation, and home and community-based services, and to be
the first choice for hospitals and other partners, employees,
volunteers, and community philanthropy.
Jewish Home Foundation is a not-for-profit
organization responsible for aiding and supporting Jewish Home
Family and its member entities. The Foundation’s efforts supplement
the budgets of Jewish Home Family and its affiliates, enhancing the
delivery of exceptional services and programming. The Foundation
strives to be the heartbeat of the institutions it supports by
advocating the moral imperatives of care and tzedakah in
keeping with Jewish traditions and customs.
Jewish Home Foundation is seeking its next Executive Director.
Supporting and reporting to the President and CEO of Jewish Home
Family, the Executive Director will serve as the primary catalyst
for the Foundation’s philanthropic growth. The successful candidate
will be a dynamic, highly relational, and entrepreneurial
professional, with a proven track record of success as a
fundraising strategist, major gift solicitor, and team
The Executive Director will spearhead the organization’s
fundraising strategic planning process to expand beyond the current
donor base, as well as manage and optimize the operational needs of
the office. A core responsibility of the Executive Director will be
to identify, cultivate, and secure new and increased major gifts
from individuals and foundations. The Executive Director will
conceive of compelling funding opportunities for new initiatives to
grow services and programs that enhance the lives of the residents
that Jewish Home Family serves.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to develop
and/or grow a sophisticated fundraising operation utilizing
concrete metrics, goals, well defined strategies, and analysis.
Most importantly, they will care deeply about the mission of Jewish
Home Family and its affiliates and will bring creativity to their
work and a passion for going above and beyond.
The Executive Director will direct and manage the Foundation
office, fostering a team culture characterized by collaboration,
communication, and innovation.
- Partner with the President and CEO, board, and staff to develop
and implement a fundraising strategic plan that establishes key
pathways for growth and fosters a collaborative, organization-wide
team approach to development.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current donors,
ensuring their ongoing engagement and support.
- Cultivate new relationships with potential donors,
communicating the mission, impact, and needs of the organization
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit corporate support
-specifically in the area of special events sponsorships.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to identify and prioritize
funding needs for new initiatives and programs.
- Establish clear strategies that include the effective
engagement of the President and CEO and lay leaders (as necessary)
to cultivate and solicit major gifts.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Foundation Board.
- Participate in identifying and recruiting new prospective board
members, including creating a pipeline of new lay leaders and
- Serve as a highly visible spokesperson to the donor community
and a variety of key constituencies to enhance recognition and
support for the Foundation.
- Ensure that internal systems are in place for effective donor
acquisition and donor stewardship programs.
- Lead and foster a consistently high performing team and develop
a culture that promotes teamwork and professional growth in
alignment with Jewish Home Family’s mission and values.
- Provide appropriate oversight of development systems and
procedures; control expenses associated with the Foundation and
work closely with the CFO to assure accurate reporting of financial
- Work in partnership with the President and CEO and other senior
management staff in support of Jewish Home Family’s strategic
Experience and Qualifications
- Passion for Jewish Home Foundation’s mission and the ability to
serve as an ambassador for the organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience directing a large,
comprehensive fundraising program in a similarly sized and complex
- A proven track record of success, innovation, and progressive
accomplishments in fundraising with experience in all or most
areas, such as annual, capital and endowment campaigns, major
gifts, planned giving, and institutional giving.
- Demonstrated success creating and implementing a fundraising
strategic plan and operation in cooperation with engaged lay
- A team manager who equally understands the realities of
building consensus in decision-making and of effecting
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge software.
- Team-oriented personality and style.
- Strong leadership ability and skills necessary for developing
and motivating a high-performing, collegial, and collaborative
- Presence and high comfort level in interacting effectively with
sophisticated volunteer leadership and other important
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication and
- Outstanding organizational skills, with the ability to complete
projects on a timely basis and to manage multiple priorities.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year
college or university.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $200,000–$250,000
depending on experience and qualifications. Jewish Home Family
offers a generous package of benefits, including health insurance;
dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible spending account (FSA)
and health reimbursement accounts (HRA); 401K retirement plan and
employer match; employee assistance programs and wellness benefits,
To apply for this position, please click
Tani Weissman, Principal
Dave Yi, Associate