Join our dynamic development team at Riverkeeper, New York’s
premiere champion of the Hudson River and its watershed. This
opportunity will work on creating events and cultivating corporate
relationships, which are instrumental in helping us achieve our
fundraising goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join an
organization doing impactful work.
Riverkeeper is New York’s premier water quality advocate.
Established in 1966, Riverkeeper protects and restores the Hudson
River from source to sea and safeguards drinking water supplies,
through advocacy rooted in community partnerships, science and law.
With an annual operating budget of $4.5 million, Riverkeeper is a
mid-sized not-for-profit operating in the Hudson Valley. For more
information, visit https://www.riverkeeper.org/
TITLE: Events & Corporate Giving
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Development
LOCATION: Ossining, NY – hybrid schedule;
requires occasional presence in the office for meetings
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Events and
Corporate Giving (ECG) Manager will conceptualize, develop, and
manage Riverkeeper events for members, donors, supporters, and the
public for cultivation and fundraising purposes. The ECG Manager
will lead efforts to raise corporate sponsorship revenue for
Riverkeeper events including Riverkeeper’s annual fundraiser gala
(Summer Splash), a winter event in New York City, a spring concert
in Central Park (Free Dead in the Park), and the annual river-wide
cleanup (Riverkeeper Sweep).The ECG Manager will coordinate closely
with the Membership Manager and the Volunteer and Outreach
Coordinator. They will manage event budgets, contracts, and
relationships with outside consultants and vendors for events. The
ECG Manager will work with the VP for Development to cultivate,
solicit, and steward new and existing corporate donors.
Riverkeeper’s Development Department engages with corporations,
board members, supporters and donors, and members of the public in
a wide variety of events, many of which are sponsored by our
corporate supporters. These range from private dinners and cocktail
parties to concerts, service projects and volunteer events; panel
discussions, and film screenings. Riverkeeper also organizes an
annual fundraising gala in Garrison, the Summer Splash.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(This is not an exhaustive list of all job duties,
responsibilities, and requirements.)
- Work with Development, Communications and Marketing, Program
Departments and the Board of Directors to organize and manage
events that support fundraising and programmatic goals including
Riverkeeper’s annual gala, film screenings and panel discussions,
concerts, brewery collaborations, private dinners and cultivation
events, partner events and other events as opportunities
- With the Development team, solicit tickets, tables and auction
items from volunteer leadership, corporate sponsors and Riverkeeper
supporters in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Manage the planning and logistics for Riverkeeper events,
including creating web pages for ticket sales, donations, and
auction; developing copy for printed materials, promotions,
invitations and e-blasts, list management, vendor and contract
management, budget, program and run of show development, A/V,
on-site event management and support, event reporting and
- Maintain master invitation lists and track all mailings and
- Supervise online auctions, gift options, and work with team
members on the in-room raise and all other fundraising
- Write copy and work with communications to promote Riverkeeper
events through e-blasts and social media promotions.
- Monitor and maintain the Event Revenue and Expense budgets,
coordinate invoices and track payments; with Finance, reconcile
revenue in Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks
- Maintain Event Calendar for Riverkeeper.
- Work with Database Coordinator to enter events, contacts, and
pledges, create and pull invitation lists from Raiser’s Edge;
ensure that event acknowledgments are written and sent.
- Cultivate prospects and current donors for new opportunities,
sponsorships and strategic partnerships.
- Solicit and steward corporate donors and ensure that
deliverables are met
- Organize and attend meetings with corporate partners.
- Solicit and manage corporate sponsorship solicitations for
Riverkeeper events, particularly the Riverkeeper Sweep. Assist
Outreach Coordinator with Sweep planning, on-site logistics, and
result tracking as needed for corporate sponsors.
- Update and adapt the corporate sponsorship opportunities as
- Create invoices and track corporate pledges and other
- Develop framework for the Corporate Membership Program and work
with local companies to recruit and engage organizations and their
employees in stewardship events and projects.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
Research shows that women and people from under-represented
groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the
qualifications. Please know that no one ever meets 100% of the
qualifications. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or combination of
education and work experience will be considered
- 2-4 years of experience as an event and development
professional (including 2+ years of event experience and 2+ years
of corporate giving experience within a not-for-profit);
- Proactive, detail-oriented, reliable, flexible and can work
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, problem solve, and
- Willing to be an in-person fundraiser and enjoy public speaking
and collaborating with a wide variety of people and
- Strong analytic and organizational skills; ability to manage
projects and workflow, using time and resources
- Ability to handle various projects on an ongoing basis while
addressing daily needs for the office;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including
the ability to produce reports and analytics as needed;
- Proficiency in the use of current Microsoft Office and Google
software applications required;
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and/or similar
CRM/database platforms required;
- Knowledge of fundraising software such as GiveSmart, Mobile
Cause a plus;
- Graphic Design and Marketing experience desired;
- Professional demeanor in dealing with board members, corporate
partners, vendors, and the public;
- Flexibility to work occasional evening or weekends as needed
for for events.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT DETAILS:
This exempt position is full time (40 hours/week). It requires
flexibility to work some evenings and weekends for events as
Base salary range: $65,000 - $75,000 annualized, commensurate
Riverkeeper offers healthcare, dental and vision, life and
disability coverage, retirement savings plan match, annual $500
professional development stipend, Paid Time Off (vacation, sick,
personal days, parental leave, holidays, summer Fridays), and other
benefits; office is closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
All employees must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application process requires submission of a cover letter and
resume via email to email@example.com. Please write
‘Events & Corporate Giving Manager’ in the subject line. The
position will remain open until filled.