Are you looking to give back and feel good about the work you
do? Is flexibility and a great benefits package
important to you? Well, you’ve found what you’re looking
for right here at Homes For Our Troops!
Homes For Our Troops is looking for creative, energetic and
passionate individuals to join our team! Not sure you
meet 100% of our qualifications? We are dedicated to
considering a broad array of candidates, including those with
diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new
to the nonprofit industry, returning to work after a gap in
employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step
in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar.
Here at HFOT, we offer Full Time employees competitive
pay and benefits including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan
with an employer match, Flexibility, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick
Time, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company
Apparel. HFOT contributes up to 80% of Full Time
employees’ Medical and Dental premium costs.
In addition to our excellent benefits package, HFOT offers a
flexible work schedule. Generally, HFOT’s hybrid approach is
that after 90 days, employees spend about 50% of their time working
in the HFOT office in Taunton, MA and about 50% of their time
working from home, if the employee’s role and job responsibilities
are suited to such an arrangement.
We believe in a collaborative work environment with versatile
leadership, great teammates, and a purposeful Mission of building
specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post
– 9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives. We’re
proud to have a 4 star rating from Charity
Note: Although HFOT offers a
flexible work schedule, this position requires work in the Taunton,
MA office location two or more days per week.
The Mid-Level Gifts Officer reports to the Foundation and Donor
Relations Manager and is responsible for developing and
implementing management strategies to secure financial support from
a portfolio of donor prospects identified with the capacity and
inclination to increase their support of the Homes For Our Troops
(HFOT) mission. This position will have a dynamic and diverse
portfolio of individuals capable of contributing to the overall
revenue of Homes For Our Troops, with the goal of elevating these
individuals to higher giving levels through exceptional
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to
be construed as a exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel.
- Develop, implement and manage HFOT’s mid-level donor program,
including establishing short-term and long-term stewardship
strategies and serve as the primary point of contact for this
- Lead all aspects of the gift cycle in the management of their
portfolio. Identify the needs and desires of donors and
prospects and communicate accordingly.
- Identify new potential major gift and leadership level donors.
Recommend appropriate cultivation strategies for major gifts
- Analyze HFOT’s donor program and help develop strategies for
acquiring, renewing, and upgrading donors.
- Ensure that all mid-level donors and donor interactions are
tracked accurately and that individual gifts are personally
acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Create and maintain retention, renewal and upgrade programs for
these donors and measure key performance indicators (KPI’s) to
- Continually assess quality of portfolio and make
additions/deletions to caseload as required to ensure time and
effort are being used effectively, and giving opportunities are
- Conduct donor research on all donors in portfolio and update
the database with research and notes to successfully track moves
management, including donor communications and contacts.
- Develop and write personalized proposals for donors when
- Serve as main prospect researcher for the Individual Giving
- Work with Planned/Legacy Giving colleagues to identify new
planned giving prospects as part of overall giving strategies.
- Partner with the overall Development Team, and other HFOT
employees as needed to cultivate and solicit donors, family
foundations, corporations, C-Suite executives and other members of
the home-build community.
- Collaborate on creating prospect strategy with staff as
required. Act as a resource for other Development staff, including
identifying potential connections, as appropriate.
- Attend HFOT home build events regularly to meet current and
- Report monthly and quarterly metrics to Foundation and Donor
Relations Manager as required.
- Compatibility with the HFOT culture: HFOT is a dedicated,
loyal, and cohesive team, led by skilled and versatile leaders,
focused on excellence, ethical conduct and the quality of the
services we provide.
- Successful demonstrated experience in developing cultivation
and solicitation strategies for varying gift levels.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and
stewardship; a background in annual and planned giving a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and interpersonal skills;
ability to ascertain donor intent and motivation for supporting
- Dedication to promote HFOT’s priorities through developing
excellent relationships with
all constituents including, Executive Team, Board of Directors, staff, donors,
volunteers and program participants.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishing tasks, including timely
documentation of donor contacts in Raisers Edge (or like
- Knowledge of the military and Veteran nonprofit philanthropic
community is a plus.
- Comfortable having phone, virtual video, and in-person meetings
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills, including
but not limited to problem solving, research, and analytical
- Must be self-motivated, creative, and have great attention to
- Must be comfortable and proficient with technology including
Microsoft Office Suite, internet-based collaborative applications,
social media, and donor software. Experience and knowledge of
Raisers Edge and wealth screening tools highly desirable.
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy with respect to all
donors and prospect information.
- Flexibility to travel for in-person donor visits, HFOT build
events, fundraisers & donor receptions throughout the country,
which provide opportunities to engage, solicit and steward
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Travel - Approximately 20% travel required, primarily to HFOT
build events, including weekends and evenings.
- Commensurate with experience
Homes For Our Troops offers Full Time employees a superior
benefits package including Medical and Dental Plans, a 401k Plan
with an employer match, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick Time, Life
Insurance, Disability Insurance and Company Apparel. HFOT
contributes up to 80% of Full Time employees’ Medical and Dental
Location: 6 Main Street, Taunton, MA 02780
Web Site: https://www.hfotusa.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Homes For Our Troops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment
decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and
individual qualifications, without regard to sex, pregnancy, gender
identity, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status,
national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic
information, political affiliation, military service, or any other
status protected by law.