Development Manager, Grants
The company is based in
California but this position is fully remote
Full time Exempt
Vice President of Development
Benetech believes that equitable access to education is a human
right. Our technology and services break down systemic barriers and
empower all learners regardless of ability. Around the world, we
partner with local communities to expand inclusive and equitable
education opportunities. To date we have delivered more than 20
million accessible books helping over 1.5 million students,
jobseekers, and adults to read, learn, and pursue their dreams.
People at Benetech believe strongly in the mission, and we work
hard to embody our Truths each
Attracting candidates from all
Our Benetech team reflects the diversity of the people we
impact. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds,
including members of historically marginalized or oppressed
communities because it makes our organization stronger.
Research shows that individuals only apply to jobs if they meet all
of the qualifications. We know there are great candidates who might
not check all of the boxes and possess important skills we haven’t
thought of. If that’s you, apply and tell us about
The Development Manager, Grants reports directly to the Vice
President of Development and serves as an experienced
communication, data, and fundraising expert to help expand the base
of support for Benetech’s mission. The Development Manager, Grants
is a member of the Development Team and is responsible for
researching, engaging with grant prospects and donors, preparing,
submitting, and managing grant proposals/reports that support
Benetech’s goals and meet funder guidelines and criteria. This
person is the primary grant writer, manages funder relationships,
engages in compliance reporting, and supports development
activities. This position requires strong writing, data analysis,
program budgeting, and project management skills.
- Serve as a fundraiser identifying, developing, and building
long-term grant donor relationships, stewarding donors, and
successfully closing 5-8 figure grant awards.
- Lead grant proposal research, development, submission, and
stewardship—preparing and organizing materials for proposals and
submitting and monitoring grant applications while stewarding
current grant funders.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree and CFRE
- Appreciation and passion for Benetech’s mission.
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience in grant
writing or grants management.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the
ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal
supervision in an effective and efficient manner.
- Familiarity and experience working with national and
- Must be highly organized with superb project management skills
and enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to present complex information concisely and
effectively, both verbally and in writing with excellent editing
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products and preferably
Travel Obligations: 10%
Physical Demands and Working
The bullet points below are representative of the physical
demands and working environment that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Standard / Remote office setting; proximity to office equipment
that includes electronic devices
- Must remain at a workstation for at least 50% of the time; will
need to use equipment that includes electronic devices
- Perceive and interact with text, media, and people
- Communicate and accurately exchange information with text,
media, and people