Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, and working closely
with the development communications team in a fast paced,
mission-driven department, the Director of Prospect Research will
be responsible for leading individual and institutional research
effort as well as collaborating to help expand philanthropic
institutional support. Responsibilities include:
- Researching donor prospect opportunities from individuals,
foundations and corporations
- Developing systems for detailed background reporting and
prioritization of donor prospects
- Developing, implementing, and managing research, analysis, and
identification of prospects
- Providing timely and accurate information and strategy to
support fundraising efforts
- Analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating financial, business,
personal, and biographical information for current and potential
- Producing research reports
- Performing other related duties as necessary
Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm (Partially remote)
- BA preferred 3- 5 years’ experience in development and
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and responsibly,
with limited supervision.
- Superb writing and editing skills.
- Proven track record of prospecting that help lead to major
- Energy, initiative, intellect, flexibility and a team
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work accurately under the
pressure of a deadline-focused job.
- Excellent communication skills; discretion and diplomacy in
dealing with the key organizational stakeholders.
MAKE AN IMPACT!!
Are you looking to make a positive impact on the lives of those in
your community? At BRC, our staff help New Yorkers experiencing
homelessness reclaim their lives by providing a hand up, offering
opportunities for health and self-sufficiency, and restoring hope
Each and every BRC staff member makes heroic contributions to
our city, providing vital services in times of crisis and need.
Through our commitment to employee wellbeing and development, BRC
provides a workplace where staff can achieve their goals, make a
difference with our clients, and grow personally and
professionally. BRC is committed to a safe and healthy workplace:
we provide PPE to all employees and enforce temperature monitoring
and physical distancing best practices across our programs.
Today, we have over 1000 full-time, part-time, and per-diem
positions located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Queens.
Come and learn why 95% of BRC employees report that they would
recommend BRC as a good place to work, and join us in building a
more caring and compassionate city.
BRC takes the health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees
seriously. Employees are eligible for health insurance and paid
sick time benefits immediately upon starting work. In addition,
full time employees receive a generous benefits package,
- Competitive health and dental plans, with coverage is available
for your spouse, domestic partner, and dependents.
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, and
additional paid sick and personal time. A 403(b) pension plan with
a matching benefit paid by BRC.
- Tuition assistance and many training opportunities for career
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) are available so employees
can set aside pre-tax dollars for healthcare, transit and