Position Title: Executive Vice President
Department: Office of the President
Classification: Exempt, Full Time
Reports to: President and CEO
Direct Reports: Affiliate Executive Directors, Regional
Representatives, and International Network Managers
Location: New York Headquarters
World Monuments Fund (WMF) is seeking to hire an Executive Vice
President to support, grow, and sustain our international presence
through our Affiliates and regional offices. This dynamic leader
will report directly to the President and CEO of WMF and serve as a
deputy and strategic advisor. This leader will play a central role
in helping WMF expand our strategic vision and reinforce our global
structure with the New York Headquarters, Affiliates and Regional
Offices working seamlessly together. This position’s overarching
goal is to safeguard the irreplaceable through identifying high
priority heritage projects worldwide, growing and leveraging an
international network of funders and partners, and magnifying our
global efforts by providing Affiliates with the tools to build
strong local audiences and to amplify WMF as a recognizable and
consistent brand around the globe.
This is a full-time, exempt position based at WMF’s
global headquarters in New York.
About World Monuments Fund
World Monuments Fund (WMF) is the leading independent
organization devoted to safeguarding the world’s most treasured
places to enrich people’s lives and build mutual understanding
across cultures and communities. The organization is headquartered
in New York City with offices and Affiliates in Cambodia, France,
India, Peru, Portugal, Spain and the UK. Since 1965, our global
team of experts has preserved the world’s diverse cultural heritage
using the highest international standards at more than 700 sites in
112 countries. Partnering with local communities, funders, and
governments, WMF draws on heritage to address some of today’s most
pressing challenges: climate change, underrepresentation,
imbalanced tourism, and post-crisis recovery. With a commitment to
the people who bring places to life, WMF embraces the potential of
the past to create a more resilient and inclusive society.
- Serve as deputy and strategic advisor to the President and CEO
and work collaboratively with the Chief Financial and
Administrative Officer as well as the President and CEO to lead and
manage the organization.
- Develop and advance the strategy to strengthen the WMF
international network, including the establishment of Regional
Offices in the Arab countries, Asia and, in the future,
- Define, communicate, and manage the operating model for new WMF
Regional Offices in the Arab countries and Asia which will support
fundraising and communication in these geographies and reinforce
how they will collaboratively work with the WMF HQ staff to achieve
- Directly manage the Regional Representatives. Establish guiding
principles for the Regional Office Advisory Councils.
- Manage the Affiliate Executive Directors collaboratively with
the local Affiliate Board Chairs setting up goals and ensuring the
implementation of local strategic plans and adherence to the
principles of the global operating agreements with HQ.
- Oversee VPs of Development, Programs, and Communications’
efforts to support the Affiliate and Regional Offices.
- The EVP will work closely with the Trustee who is the Chair of
the International Relations Committee of the Board as well as
shared trustees between the global board and Affiliate boards.
- The EVP will establish a close relationship with Affiliate
boards, work collaboratively with them, represent the President and
CEO in Affiliate board meetings and Affiliate events when the
President and CEO cannot participate.
- The EVP will work collaboratively with the CFAO to define the
vision for technology and data for the global operations and work
across the organization to implement and manage.
- Advocate for Affiliate and Regional office integration into
communications, programs, and development initiatives.
- Protect and enhance the reputation of the organization around
- An energetic, collaborative leader and manager who is
comfortable leading through influence and working across different
stakeholders to reach agreement on important decisions.
- Strong internal communications and change management skills.
Skilled at building collective ownership and delivering joint
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel due
to the global scope.
- Motivation and passion to work in a dynamic, fast-paced
- Fluency in English required; facility with multiple other
- In-depth understanding of multiple cultural contexts.
- 15+ years of demonstrated professional global experience in
managing across geographies.
- Experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and
international affairs or equivalent experience. Knowledge of the
preservation field is preferred.
- Graduate degree in international affairs, nonprofit management,
historic preservation, or related field is preferred.
World Monuments Fund is an equal opportunity employer and
considers applicants for all positions regardless of race, color,
religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital
or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
Compensation and Benefits
The World Monuments Fund offers a comprehensive and highly
competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time
off, wellness and sick time off, holiday time off, and a multitude
of other insurance benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, and a fully comprehensive retirement plan.
The salary range for this position will be $220,000 to $240,000,
dependent upon experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (up to
10 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm
(Eastern Time) on February 16, 2024.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be
contacted. No Phone Calls.