United Way of Central
January 2024 – January 2025 (# of hours per week)
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements outline the general scope of work
for this contracted position. They are not exhaustive and do not
encompass all responsibilities, duties, and skills associated with
the role. The contractor may be
required to perform additional tasks as deemed necessary by
UWCI or project requirements.
• Create, develop, and maintain marketing and
advertising projects, including campaigns, brochures, newsletters,
infographics, annual reports, print and digital ads, posters,
stationery, invitations, signs, displays, logos, website graphics,
etc., from concept to final product, ensuring alignment with UWCI
and organizational needs.
• Collaborate with the marketing and communications
team and other United Way team members to develop and implement
creative tactics in line with the organization's marketing
strategies and deadlines.
• Communicate effectively with internal UWCI team
members and department staff to plan and create designs appropriate
to UWCI's needs.
• Adhere to and always maintain brand compliance
guidelines and consistency. Educate organization employees on brand
usage and guidelines.
• Communicate and negotiate effectively with
external vendors to obtain estimates, package "print ready" files,
and coordinate delivery.
• Ensure thorough logging and maintenance of project
• Capture photos at select events; edit and optimize
photos for both print and digital use.
• Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and
Photoshop (or Adobe Creative Cloud).
• Basic MAC computer skills, including proficiency
in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel) and
Google Apps (e.g., Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive).
• Completed coursework or relevant experience in
graphic design, instructional design, or a related program.
• Strong ability to excel in a highly
detail-oriented and fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated capacity to thrive in an environment
of continual feedback; adept at addressing stressful situations
with poise, understanding, and tact.
• Photography experience is considered a valuable
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to adapt to fluctuating deadlines.
• Demonstrated focus on creativity and quality.
• Possession of an Associate's degree in graphic
design, visual communications, or an equivalent field, along with
at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
To successfully fulfill this contracted position, the contractor
should be capable of effectively executing each essential job
function and be open to being on-site three days a week (Tuesday -
Thursday) during these activities. The listed requirements outline
fundamental knowledge, skills, and abilities. Reasonable
accommodations may be considered to facilitate individuals with
disabilities in performing essential functions. The contractor is
expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity and
confidentiality. We value innovative thinking, seeking a
self-starter who collaborates within the team to achieve goals.
Strong communication skills, attention to detail, organizational
abilities, and flexibility are crucial. Additionally, staying
informed about trends in the contractor's area of responsibility
and reviewing relevant literature to understand key community
issues is essential.
Interested parties should
email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.