Columbia Global (CG) is an innovative initiative with a mission
to create a strategic platform for meaningful engagement of the
University’s faculty, students, and alumni with the world. It aims
to foster understanding, tackle global challenges, and promote
knowledge exchange. CG includes various key global initiatives of
the University, such as Columbia World Projects, the Global
Centers, The Committee for Global Thought, and the Institute for
Ideas and Imagination. The initiative is open to expanding further
to support and enhance the University’s global
The Development Officer (DO) reports directly to the Senior
Director of Development and is responsible for supporting revenue
generation, fundraising and resource development activities for
Columbia Global. The DO assists in the implementation of a
comprehensive revenue generation strategy and operation.
The DO collaborates with other members of Columbia Global’s
leadership and senior management to develop initiatives that
increase Columbia Global’s financial position. They are responsible
for implementing activities that increase, diversify, and sustain
financial support for Columbia Global from key stakeholders such as
individuals, foundations, corporations, bilateral agencies, and
The DO will work with the Senior Director to realize strategic
direction for funding priorities and targets, donor and partner
engagements and business development processes. The DO also ensures
smooth engagement, alignment, and coordination of revenue
generation with other Columbia Global functions and Columbia
University departments, including close collaboration with the
Office of Alumni and Development.
- Identify and research potential partners and funders, including
corporations, foundations, government agencies, and other nonprofit
- Develop and implement plans for engaging potential partners and
funders, including outreach, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Develop and deliver effective proposals and presentations that
highlight the organization's mission, impact, and funding
- Negotiate and execute agreements with partners and funders,
including developing budgets and performance metrics in close
collaboration with Columbia Global and Columbia University
- Work closely with Columbia Global staff to ensure that
partnership agreements align with programmatic priorities
- Develop and manage digital systems for tracking, monitoring,
and managing the range of processes and procedures required to
support revenue generation strategy and plans, including Columbia
Global online and the University’s Advance system.
- Collaborate with Communications and Monitoring and Evaluation
teams to develop and execute effective messaging and branding
strategies that support partnership efforts.
- Monitor and analyze trends in support of revenue
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in
fundraising, sales, or business development required, preferably in
a nonprofit and/or international organization.
**This position requires 10-15% travel domestically and
- Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in securing major partnerships and
- Advanced capabilities in proposal writing, business case
development, and pitch deck creation.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills, with the
ability to articulate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability
to use data to inform partnership strategies and
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
- Strong management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate
colleagues to achieve revenue and impact goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build
relationships and work effectively with diverse
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization's mission and
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified