The Hollywood Clubhouse Director will oversee the launch and
operations of a new Fountain House clubhouse in the Hollywood area.
The clubhouse is an organization that promotes psychosocial
recovery for people living with serious mental illnesses within a
culturally responsive and member-led community. The director is
responsible for providing strategic leadership for the clubhouse
and will work with members and oversee staff in building an
effective and engaging community and ensuring the long-term
sustainability of the clubhouse. The Director reports to Fountain
House’s Senior Director of Programming and Housing, based in NYC
and will consult with Fountain House’s Executive Director regarding
clubhouse program development.
Shift: 9AM- 5PM Monday - Friday with some flexibility as
Salary: $105K - $115K
ABOUT FOUNTAIN HOUSE
For more than 70 years, Fountain House has successfully
addressed the devastating impact of mental illness on individuals,
families, and communities through its pioneering clubhouse model,
which provides a structured, therapeutic social community and the
tools to break the bonds of social isolation faced by people living
with mental illness, while also addressing their basic health and
social needs such as access to healthcare, housing, employment,
education, nutrition, and safety. Fountain House accomplishes this
by working in partnership with its members – people living with
mental illness – and putting them at the center of their own
Fountain House is the most widely replicated evidence-based
model for people living with mental illness in the world with over
300 model programs serving over 100,000 people throughout the US
and in more than 30 countries.
We are working for a world where no one is powerless, where
health for all is not just an aspiration but a reality, and where
creating change is a part of everyday life. We are just getting
started and hope you will join us.
Fountain House, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds,
cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to
apply. We actively work to increase the diversity of experience and
perspectives on our team, and we want to hear from you. Remember,
no one comes with the entire complement of skills, and no one is
the perfect candidate, so do not let a lack of experience/ skill in
one specific area deter you from applying.
Fountain House is committed to being a diverse and inclusive
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age,
physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
At this time Fountain House, Inc. is not able to sponsor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities include the following but may also
include additional duties as assigned by your supervisor:
- Liaise with Fountain House senior leadership to ensure the
clubhouse is aligned with the organization’s overall strategic
vision and priorities.
- Develop, implement, and manage effective and innovative
programming at the clubhouse.
- Promote a healthy and effective rehabilitative clubhouse
culture and community.
- Ensure commitment to social practice and the clubhouse model in
all areas of clubhouse programming.
- Ensure that all clubhouse programs operate ethically and with
fidelity to the clubhouse model.
- Ensure that all programs are evaluated regularly for
effectiveness and improved where necessary.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and
- Manage clubhouse program budget working with Fountain House’s
Senior Director of Programming and Housing and the Finance
- Ensure the clubhouse is evaluated regularly for effectiveness
and improved where necessary.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and
- Develop sustainable fundraising, governmental and other
external partnerships that promote the mission in coordination with
Fountain House’s development team and relevant external
Staff Supervision and Development
- Attract, develop, and support high-performing program
- Supervise, support, and mentor program staff.
- Work in partnership with Fountain House’s Manhattan and Bronx
Clubhouse directors to ensure alignment on clubhouse programming
and staff development processes.
- Create an effective team culture that utilizes shared decision
making among members and staff to co-create and sustain the
programming in the clubhouse.
- Ensure all staff have the resources and knowledge to perform
their duties effectively.
- Participate in supervision and training activities as requested
by your supervisor and senior management.
- Be able to promote and articulate the clubhouse model and
social practice to varied audiences.
- Effectively represent the clubhouse to external audiences.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with a racially and culturally diverse group of
members and staff.
- Ability to effectively handle mental health crises in a
supportive and professional way based on training and standard
- Ability to manage and develop diverse teams.
- Ability to effectively handle crisis in a supportive and
professional way based on training and standard accepted
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point and
Outlook and Slack).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to conduct assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Flexibility in terms of schedule including availability for
limited work on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Preference for bilingual Spanish/English speaking
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Undergraduate Degree required, Master’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking fluence preferred.
- 1-2 years Clubhouse experience preferred, but not
- 3+ years supervisory experience required
- Driver’s License for some required travel is highly
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential